Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful

I am thankful for the taxes I have to pay, 
because it means I'm employed.
The clothes that fit a little too snuggly, 
because it means I have enough to eat. 
My shadow who watches me when I work,
because it means I'm in the sunshine. 
A lawn that has to be mowed, 
windows that have to be washed, 
and gutters that need fixing because 
it means I have a home. 
All the complaining I hear about the government, 
because it means I have the freedom of speech. 
The girl in front of me in choir, who sings off key, 
because it means I can hear. 
The huge pile of laundry that I need to do, 
because it means my loved ones are here. 
The alarm that goes off in the early morning, 
because it means I am alive. 
I am thankful for all of these things 

No comments:

Post a Comment