Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Then/Now

Waking up then: 
It's like I was glad it was morning. I wasn't a grouch, and I got out of bed right away. I would blast music as I did my hair, and stood in front of my closet trying to decide what outfit you would like the best.  But it wouldn't matter, you'd tell me I look beautiful either way.  When I got to school, we'd meet at "our spot". You'd pull me close, and wrap me in your arms. 

Waking Up Now: 
It takes all my strength to get out of bed. Everything bugs me. My alarm, my mom, even the birds outside. I'm jealous that they seem so happy, chirping, and singing, like they always do. I don't seem to care as much about how straight my hair is, or which earrings to wear. It doesn't matter anymore. Everyday, I walk past "our spot" to my locker; and I never felt lonelier in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment